Friday, March 23, 2012

Catching up

Coming in April soy candles - our candle makers, Colleen & Dave, created a beautiful candle just for this shop - beautiful lemon yellow ( a hopeful cheery color) and a clean scent of fresh linen.  Made exclusively for us...

It is 6.5 oz and a nice way to honor autism awareness.  50% of proceeds from this candle will be donated toward the purchase of our next communication device. 

I spent the last couple of weeks making little stoneware hearts, hand stamped with a puzzle piece in the center. They will be a nice keepsake piece long after the candle is gone. It was fun making the hearts, my first foray into stoneware, and as far as I am going to go. Pottery is a complicated and detailed art - best left to the experts, but I think they hearts will be wonderful and fun, and hope they come of the kiln in one piece. I think they will be fired this weekend, and I can post a picture.

I hope I have finally figured out the blog bugs and now have a working  blog!

One of our potters little creations - a litle butternut bird house. I sure did not make this, hope you enjoy this little touch of spring!

cate

No comments:

Post a Comment