Friday, June 20, 2014

Creating new beginnings

I am always concerned and interested in creating new products. Never satisfied to sit contentedly with what "is" I am always looking for "what's next" or what "will be."

Creating a line of products that are customer friendly and earth friendly are in my thoughts frequently, while constantly striving to keep my young helpers interested and motivated,.

Our shop was born from the need to create employment for our son, Andrew, who at age 3 was diagnosed with autism. Autism has become a far too common household word and almost everyone can name someone they know with autism, either family or friends.

Unfortunately, Andrew was diagnosed with classic autism, nonverbal, struggling and at times difficult.  We make each day a new day and try not to "keep score" of the failures or false starts, but instead focus on new beginnings and new hopes and dreams.

He has had a difficult time this past month suffering a seizure for the first time. It is a little known fact  that individuals with more severe autism frequently suffer seizures either as young children or as they emerge into adulthood. It is a scary, complex and unwanted part of what is already a complex situation.

And so we move forward slowly, carefully and with hope that his seizure disorder will be mild and can be controlled and managed.  He has been slowly returning to his job at Papercatz and will be busy today helping me get ready for a show on Saturday.

Recently while working in the garden,  I looked down to see a little heart shaped leaf had stuck itself to my foot. I took it as a sign of good faith and love from mother nature as I treasure my time outdoors.
...
A bit of love from Mother Nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment